How it all began... Everyone has its own story. The history of our company is our coming into being, our development and our today’s success. It is the history that gives us tomorrow, too. The story of success of the Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa” is 85 years of painstaking work of the whole our team for the sake of health and high quality of living of our patients.
Kyiv Branch of the Ukrainian Institute of Experimental Endocrinology was established. The first medicines manufactured by the Kyiv Branch as far back as in 1932 were liquid hematogen and hematogen in tablets.
Austrian Karl Landsteiner was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine for having discovered human blood groups.
Albert Szent-Györgyi from Hungary was awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery in the field of biological oxidation processes during studies of Vitamin C.
New manufacturing buildings were constructed and put into operation at 48, Illicha St., Kyiv (near New Darnitsa). In as little as 2 years the branch produced more than 4 million product units for the amount of nearly 5 million rubles.
English bacteriologist Howard Walter Florey and biochemists Ernst Chain and Norman Heatley used penicillin for treatment of bacterial infections for the first time.
Virologist Jonas Salk created a vaccine effective against flu
Post-war Darnitsa: Kyiv was gradually rebuilt, the work of manufacturing enterprises was resumed.
In New York it was decided to establish the World Health Organization according the resolution of the International Conference on Healthcare.
A chemical synthesis method of ursodeoxycholic acid was discovered in Japan. Just in 50 years, in 2004, the Firm “Darnitsa” brought a medication on the basis of ursodeoxycholic acid to the market.
On September 15, 1954 the Council of Ministers of the USSR passed Order No. 1919-900сс on establishment of Darnitsa Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant in Kyiv. It started 1955
Darnitsa Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant moved to new buildings at 13, Boryspilska St. Production of ampouled solutions for injections became one the key areas of development of the plant in that period.
An intensive work was carried out under laboratory conditions on mastering the production of new medicinal products in the form of ampouled solutions for injections
Kyiv, Leningrad Square
The first ampouled medicinal product was produced: ATP in the form of 1% disodium salt solution
Production of Splenin, a new injectable for treatment of toxicoses, radiation injuries and diseases during pregnancy, obtained from cattle spleen, was mastered together with the Kyiv Institute of Endocrinology
A new stage of development of ampoule production started: the volume of output of solutions for injections increased to 100 million ampoules per year. The enterprise was developed; along with production of finished products two more manufacturing buildings were constructed at a swift rate: a glass-blowing shop and ampoule and tablet shop
The British Medical Journal published the first report on the use of atenolol for treatment of arterial hypertension and coronary heart disease
New buildings were constructed and put into operation: a chemical shop, tablet shop, finished products warehouse
On January 14, 1976, by the resolution of the Ministry of Medical Industry of the USSR, Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa” was established. The Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association included the following production units: Darnitsa Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant, as the main enterprise, Borshchahivka Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant and Kyiv Vitamin Plant. N.A. Lytoshenko was appointed as the Director of the established association, who managed the enterprise until 1993
In June 1985 Monastyryshche Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant became a part of the Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa”.
In July 1988 Volodymyr Antonovych Zahorii was approved for the position of the Chief Engineer of the Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa” by the order of the Ministry of Medical and Microbiological Industry
Due to efforts of the management of the Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa” and under the auspices of “Ukrmedbioprom” Concern the contract was signed and the first imported equipment for “Darnitsa” was purchased.
On July 11, 1991 the Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa” was reorganized into Lease Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa”.
Lease Kyiv Production Chemical and Pharmaceutical Association “Darnitsa” was reorganized into the Collective Enterprise “Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa”.
Fluoroquinolone levofloxacin, synthesized and studied for the first time by Japanese researchers from Daichii firm in the end of the 80s, was introduced into clinical practice.
Darnitsa Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant became the Joint-Stock Company “Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa”. The General Meeting of Shareholders appointed Volodymyr Zahorii as the Director General of the Firm.
“Darnitsa” received two prestigious international awards at once: Diamond Star Award in Mexico and Birmingham Torch Award in Madrid.
The reconstructed site for aseptic preparing and bottling of medicinal products was put into production after complete overhaul.
The first branded pharmacy of the Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa” was opened.
Reconstruction of the drinking quality water generating system was completed. The system was designed and established together with the German company CUSS
A complete overhaul of the finished products warehouse was performed; works on upgrade of the transport infrastructure of the territory of the Pharmaceutical Firm were completed.
Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa” was acknowledged as the best trademark in the All-Ukrainian Competition "Brand of the Year - 2000"
In May a new sterile cephalosporin antibiotic plant with the capacity of up to 30 million vials of sterile antibiotics per year commenced its operation
In September the Firm “Darnitsa” passed an independent audit by the British experts for compliance with GMP requirements and received a relevant certificate.
In December Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa” was given “Ecologically Pure and Safe” Mark on the basis of the results of the All-Ukrainian Ecological Competition held among 500 participating enterprises.
The Company received its first national GMP Compliance Certificate for production of sterile antibiotics for solutions for injections in vials
PrJSC “Pharmaceutical Firm “Darnitsa” created 2 specialized production facilities: for macrolide antibiotics and medicinal products in drops
The World Health Organization adopted the Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
A laboratory building complying with international requirements was put into operation
The project of a warehouse complex with 100% automated storage for 10 thousand pallet positions: the first one in the pharmaceutical production within the territory of Ukraine
Confirmation of manufacture of medicinal products in compliance with GMP requirements (the first GMP certificates were received)
Ultramodern and unique for Ukraine production of solutions for infusion of European level with a capacity of 16 million vials per year was
On January 1, 2011 Ukraine became a full-fledged member of PIC/S, Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme, GMP rules were implemented
Full-scale technical reequipment of ampoule production. The annual production output amounted to more than 400 million ampoules
Having finished retrofitting and updating of all main and auxiliary production facilities, “Darnitsa” is not complacent and continues its active search for new dosage forms, develops new products and sets strategic objectives for the development of the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine and provision of consumers with quality, efficient and safe medicinal products.
Learn more about the company today