Systemic antimicrobial agents. Beta-lactam antibiotics. Third-generation cephalosporins. Cefоtaxіme
Cefotaxime-Darnitsa is a semi-synthetic third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral administration. It has a bactericidal effect. It has a broad spectrum of action.
Infections caused by microorganisms susceptible to the medicine.
– ENT infections (tonsillites, otites);
– respiratory tract infections (bronchites, pneumonias, pleurites, abscesses);
– genitourinary infections;
– septicaemia, bacteraemia;
– intra-abdominal infections (including peritonitis);
– skin and soft tissue infections;
– bone and joint infections;
– meningitis (except for Listeria) and other central nervous system infections.
Prevention of infections after surgeries on the digestive tract, urological, obstetric and gynaecological operations.
The medicine should be used as intravenous push and drip and for intramuscular administration.
For intravenous push, dissolve 1 g of powder in 8 ml of sterile water for injection. Inject slowly over 3–5 minutes.
For intravenous infusion, dissolve 1 g of powder in 50 ml of 0.9 % sodium chloride solution or 5 % glucose solution. The duration of the infusion is 50–60 minutes.
For intramuscular administration, dissolve 1 g of powder in 4 ml of sterile water for injection or 1 % lidocaine solution and inject deeply into the gluteal muscle.
The treatment duration is determined by the physician on an individual basis.